Friday 31 October 2014

Eczema

This month is going to be eczema month on this website. I will be blogging all about eczema for the month. I just feel like this would be a really good issue to touch on for so many people really. Please feel free to get in touch with me with your views or just go right ahead and leave your comments.

I have had eczema since childhood and let me just tell you that it is really annoying. However, having said that, my eczema has actually tremendously got better over time so I really do count myself as one of the luckier ones. To be quite honest it is barely recognizable now in my life.

Eczema is no doubt an awful condition to have and very irritating and my case was no exception. For those people who may be unaware regarding exactly what eczema is it is a medical condition in which patches of skin become rough and inflamed with blisters which cause itching and bleeding.

Unfortunately eczema is one of those things where there is just no cure for it which is sad. There are only treatments available for this condition and we will be going into them during the month. The best and most recommended treatment for eczema is using emollients.

Eczema truly can cause a myriad of things for the people that it affects. These can range from stress, making the sufferer upset, anger, confidence issues, and self-esteem problems to not being able to sleep at night, frustration, nervousness and even just general feelings of not being able to cope.

I remember the days that I was literally unable to sleep because of eczema. Plus it did not just happen during the night but also during the day too when I would try to catch a nap. I would wake up and find myself scratching and bleeding. It was horrible and I was never able to get a good night’s sleep.

I suppose the most disheartening thing about it is that it just continues and continues and continues really. You would think to yourself does this thing ever go away, will I ever recover from it. But you see that is just the thing with eczema. It doesn’t go away.

At least not instantly and completely for most people anyway! Many people do however grow out of it which is the good news. It has been such a long time since I have had my eczema and even I have not completely got rid of it. Learning to live with it and mange it is definitely an important issue.

If I would give one piece of advice it would be to not let it get you down. That is the most vital thing. Remember that your doctor and GP are also there. Just bear in mind really that there is only a limited amount that can be done for eczema and have patience with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment