Monday 11 May 2015

Sally Bercow: I'm a terrible wife

Sally Bercow has admitted she is a "terrible wife" after she was accused of having an affair with her husband John Bercow's cousin.
The wife of the House of Commons Speaker said she and Alan Bercow "got on like a house on fire" but refused to comment on claims she had a relationship with him.
She has insisted she will not return to live in the "goldfish bowl" of Parliament, saying it had been a "massive bone of contention" in her marriage.
Speaking to the Press Association, Mrs Bercow, 45, declined to comment on her alleged affair, but said: " My husband John is a great man, a great Speaker and a great dad.
"Alan is John's cousin. Every since we met we got on like a house on fire. He is a great friend and a great support."
Mrs Bercow, who is using crutches after suffering an injury while filming for the reality TV series The Jump, said she "hated" living in Parliament and would be "delighted" if her husband decided to move into her Battersea home in south London.
"I've done six years of (living in Parliament) and it's done my head in," she said. "It's such a dreadful place to live.
"I hate living there, it's a goldfish bowl. If my husband John wants to live with me here, then I would be delighted.
"John said he's going to think and we'll speak in the week.
"It's been a massive bone of contention in our marriage. I very much hope John will want to move in here in Battersea."
Mrs Bercow, who was photographed last year appearing to kiss another man in a London club, said she was "not cut out" for life in the public eye.
"I'm not a great wife," she said. "Mine and John's marriage is my business. It worked for us when he wasn't in the public eye.
"I'm just not cut out for that. I'm a normal person. I'm a terrible wife. I'm not supposed to be a political wife."
Several national newspapers have reported details of Mrs Bercow's alleged affair, including the Mail on Sunday (MoS) which said it began at the start of the general election campaign, but was now over.
According to the MoS, Alan Bercow's wife Erica said she and her husband were "very much together".

No comments:

Post a Comment